Slots are a popular pick among gamblers and can offer some of the biggest bet to win ratios of any casino game. You only have to look at the big progressives such as IGT's Mega Jackpots range and online slots like Mega Moola to see that with a small bet you can literally win millions.
So is there a way to give you the edge when playing slot machines? First we have to take a look at how slots works and from there we can answer the question of whether you can gain an advantage on the slots.
All slot machines have a random number generator in them. Also known as an RNG this computer chip ensures that every spin is random. Three reel games have weighted reels which means some symbols are going to occur more often while five reel slots simply have more or less symbols on each reel to determine the pay back.
As a player there is nothing you can do to alter or predict what the next spin will be. While it is a common belief that slots have hot and cold cycles this is actually a myth. Each spin of a slot game is random and is in no way effected by the previous spins. Even more important is the fact that the amount you bet or the amount of money you put in has no effect on the outcome.
This means that there is no way to get an edge when playing slot machines. You cannot predict what is going to happen and you cannot simply keep putting money in with the theory that a machine that has not hit for a while must hit soon. So what can you do to give yourself the best chance of winning?
There are a couple of things that you can do to win on the slots but they all relate to money management and some simple playing tips. The rest is up to luck.
These simple tips will give you the best chance of winning.
- Before you play read the pay table and game rules
- Check for any particular betting requirements
- If max bet is needed make sure you play max bet (Eg. Progressive slots)
- If you have a small budget look for games with a two coin max bet.
- If you have a win make sure you cash out
Money Management Tips for Slots Players
These tip will help you manage your bankroll and help to keep your losses to a minimum. These are the real key to slot strategy.
- Before you play set a session budget
- Choose a bet size in relation to your bankroll
- If you hit a jackpot take the winnings and stick to the original budget
- Don't chase your losses if you hit a losing streak
- Don't spend all of your money on progressive slots
So there you have it. There is no sure fire way to always win on slots. While there are countless systems saying that it is possible these are all simply frauds. Now that you know how the games work you will realize that systems are a waste of money. Good luck and happy jackpots.